Help make your community bloom – become a VOLUNTEER with Strathcona in Bloom
- Help plant and maintain a community flower bed
- Plant your own yard and watch our community bloom
- Compost and recycle
- Plant trees
- Get involved in the Strathcona in Bloom Executive
- Nominate a neighbor in the Front Yard Competition
Do you enjoy gardening? Would you like to work with a group of like minded folks who want to beautify the community? Do you have the time to plant and/or help maintain a flower bed in your neighborhood? Do you like coordinating the efforts of groups of volunteers?
Strathcona in Bloom is looking for people who want to volunteer to be on the Board, plant flowers, design flower beds and have fun doing it!
Currently, Strathcona in Bloom has a full slate of volunteers for the 2021 season. However, if you would like to put your name forward for the 2022 season please do so. Volunteer duties are outlined below:
Outdoor Spaces Volunteers – approximately 8 hours per month June and July
- Deliver decals and letters to businesses and non-profit organizations
Bed Volunteers – approximately 4 to 6 hours per month late May to September/October
- Participate in planting and maintaining assigned beds/planters on a weekly basis; i.e., weeding and deadheading.
- Cleaning up assigned beds/planters – September/October, weather dependent.
Board Members – 3 to 5 hours per month, year round. Attend monthly board meetings and support various board members as required.
Join our team of multi-talented and multi-tasking volunteers in 2022!
780-464-8287 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org