Help make your community bloom – become a VOLUNTEER with Strathcona in Bloom
- Help plant and maintain a community flower bed
- Plant your own yard and watch our community bloom
- Compost and recycle
- Plant trees
- Get involved in the Strathcona in Bloom Executive
- Nominate a neighbor in the Front Yard Competition
Do you enjoy gardening? Would you like to work with a group of like minded folks who want to beautify the community? Do you have the time to plant and/or help maintain a flower bed in your neighborhood? Do you like coordinating the efforts of groups of volunteers?
Strathcona in Bloom is looking for people who want to volunteer to be on the Board, plant flowers, design flower beds and have fun doing it!
Volunteers are needed for these positions
Bed Volunteer – 3 to 5 hours per month, May to September, flexible
- Participate in planting of assigned bed/planter
- Participate in maintenance of bed/planter
- Participate in the clean up of bed/planter at end of growing season.
Front Yard Assistants – approximately 8 hrs. per month June and July
- Assist in delivering letters and placing signs in nominated yards.
Board Members – 3 to 5 hours per month, year round. Attend monthly board meetings and support various board members as required.
Join our team of multi-talented and multi-tasking volunteers!