Help make your community bloom – become a VOLUNTEER with Strathcona in Bloom
- Help plant and maintain a community flower bed
- Plant your own yard and watch our community bloom
- Compost and recycle
- Plant trees
- Get involved in the Strathcona in Bloom Executive
- Nominate a neighbor in the Front Yard Competition
Do you enjoy gardening? Would you like to work with a group of like minded folks who want to beautify the community? Do you have the time to plant and/or help maintain a flower bed in your neighborhood? Do you like coordinating the efforts of groups of volunteers?
Strathcona in Bloom is looking for people who want to volunteer to be on the Board, plant flowers, design flower beds and have fun doing it!
Volunteers are needed for these positions:
Member at Large – up to 5 hours/month,
- Attend regular meetings
- Provide guidance and assistance as required
- Assist with Front Yard Competition
Bed Volunteer – 3 to 5 hours per month, May to September, flexible
- Participate in planting of assigned bed/planter
- Participate in maintenance of bed/planter
Participate in the clean up of bed/planter at end of growing season
Treasurer – up to 5 hours per month. Peak time May to October.
- Attend monthly meetings
- Manage all funds
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports
Join our team of multi-talented and multi-tasking volunteers!